02 March 2009

Max n me

Max is my bike, and yesterday we had the first ride out of the year, not without a lot of heart pounding on my side as still being a bit of an emotional wreck I was not 100% certain I would survive, but balanced against that is a little bit of inner strength that when I am on the bike seems to look after me and not let me do anything too stupid.

The roads were dry, and not too greasy. The weather cold but sunny and misty so the ride over to Towcester was enjoyable. I don't usually like to lead, but because some friends came over to ride with me I knew the way across the myriad of roundabouts in Milton Keynes to get to the A5.

Lunch was good, friends to catch up with and good company. Breaking the news to them of the demise of my relationship was hard and many a tear was shed and not just from me; if anyone can tell me when that will stop I will be grateful as it seems like the well is not yet dry.

Tonight I have a meeting with ICAS to try and iron out some of my issues relating to recent events, I am not looking forward to it, but it may help me in the longer term.

11 comments:

Elaine said...

Don't know when.

But it does get less and less frequent.

Nicey said...

Like the name, I miss riding my VFR 800, days like yesterday and a cafe - pricless.
Laters

Nicey

Anonymous said...

{hugs}

Unfortunately I don't know when either.

Dark Side said...

It does get better eventually and it's always made harder when you have the same friends.....thinking of you though..xx

Hogdayafternoon said...

Guilt is a real p.i.t.a. so if you can bury that, along with `if only`... but I know nothing of you and yours so forgive me if this is straight from the department of the bleedin'obvious :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting out and about on your bike.

I hope things ease up for you as time goes on...

Hugs,

Lins x

The W.O.W. factor! said...

So glad to see you got out and let the winds blow through you, Sage.
How long it takes? No one knows...but one day you will awaken and wonder "when" it dried up.
My thoughts and hugs to you~
Barb

Relax Max said...

I love your bike. And I love that you are a biker (although I am not, it is part of my alter-ego in my mind. :) And I love your jokes - the gorilla one cracked me up. And I love it when you visit me. My, but I seem to have a lot of love directed at you this morning. :) Take care.

Janet said...

Max is one oh-so-pretty bike. I'm glad you got out.
I can't tell you when either, but I do know you don't need to rush it. Just do what you can. You'll get better eventually.

AnneDroid said...

Like Relax Max, "I love your bike... although I am not a biker, it is part of my alter-ego in my mind". (I'd love to have a bike).

I've never met you but I feel like you're a friend, and I'm so sorry about the pain you're going through. Really sorry.

gemmak said...

Lol...am I going nuts or is your tax disc dated 2006?? ;o)