30 March 2009

The Electronic Shrink

Thanks to a link provided by Leanne at Somerset Seasons, Dorset Days I analysed the blog for type...

It gave the result as :

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

Does this sound like me? I am not so sure, I deliberately keep things back from the blog because I don't want to be confrontational in an open place, nor do I wish to offend any of my friends or family who might read it.

However I can see some points in the analysis that do ring true and therefore it may be that is more truthful about me than I may be about myself. I tend to avoid conflicts in real life, playing more of a peacekeeper than anything else and I hate to get involved in an argument or hurt anyone's feelings.

If you want to do it for yourself then go here

4 comments:

A. said...

They have me as active and playful, and may have difficulty coping with sitting still or having nothing to do. I don't quite see myself like that at all. Interesting though, because as you say, some points do ring true. I wonder how the analysis is done? You can change the result slightly by submitting individual posts.

Janet said...

I got the same thing you did. And it's pretty accurate. I have had management positions. They are NOT my cup of tea.

Relax Max said...

I have long known I am an INTP since I started studying Myers-Briggs years ago, and, of course, the "Typealyzer" pegged that immediately. But the more important thing, I think, is how you USE that information to understand and shape my life. I no longer waste my time fighting my natural proclivities, although I constantly struggle to broaden what I have. :)

Katherine Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Meyers, two housewives, formulated this fascinating personality typing many years ago, taking Carl Jung's studies to a higher level. Their story is very interesting, and their work very valid in my opinion.

Of course, you have to blog honestly, as your true self, or you won't be typed 100% accurately. Better to simply answer the questions on the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator test, I think. But this rather superficial method we all used here worked for me. (Heh - that means my blog is honest. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, interesting. I may just give this a try myself...

xx