19 December 2008

Views on Christmas

I borrowed this from Lakeland Jo, hope she doesn't mind

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper definitely, though in the past I have used brown paper and string for a totally different look.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Would love a real tree but settle for an artificial one which I have used for the past 5 years or so.
3. When do you put up the tree? 10 days before christmas, or as late as possible.. sometimes never - didn't last year as I couldn't raise any enthusiasm.
4. When do you take the tree down? 12th night or sooner if I get tired of it.
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favourite gift received as a child? Book
7. Hardest person to buy for? Me
8. Easiest person to buy for? SOH
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, though I would like one
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, and with handwritten messages
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Embroidered handkerchieves with my initials on, ok to be fair it was many years ago.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Santa Clause (all three versions, just love them)
13. When do you start shopping? It depends on how I feel, but not before Nov 5th
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I figure that someone will enjoy it more than me and the person that gave it would prefer it to be used rather than sitting unloved.
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Bugs (it's what SOH and I call prawns)
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white ones
17. Favourite Christmas song? Fairytale of New York, by Kirsty MaColl and the Pogues
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Sadly No
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Constant Christmas Music in the shops from October onwards (September if we are really unlucky)
23. Favourite ornament theme or color? Red - I have red berries, and a red butterfly... but otherwise blue would be my choice.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Roast Beef - a really, really nice piece of forerib served up with home-made yorkshire pudding...mmmm yummy.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Have got it already, nearly a year with SOH and more to come; can't wait for christmas day with him - all together now ahhhhhhh!



Don't forget to put your guesses on the Giveaway post to try and win the Calendar - you have until today at 12.00 Noon GMT. It is open to all and sundry.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

ahhhhhhh.

Fire Byrd said...

I like this list, although the idea of roast beef..... gotta be turkey, then turkey sandwiches, then turkey soup then the children leave home before the turkey curry puts in an appearance!!
Thanks for deciding to follow my blog, and your lovely comment.
x

Anonymous said...

Interesting questionaire! I think I shall have to pinch this for my blog ;-)

x