07 January 2009

Great Truths

  • Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree

  • Wrinkles don't hurt

  • Families are like fudge, mostly sweet … with a few nuts

  • Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

  • Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside

  • Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fibre, not the toy

From AnneDroid
  • Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its pupils


About Growing Old :

  • Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

  • Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get

  • When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you are down there

  • You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you used to get from a roller coaster

  • It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions

  • Time might be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician

  • Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone

3 comments:

AnneDroid said...

These are good.

I'm also reminded that "Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its pupils".

Relax Max said...

I love your list. Hope your New Year is going well so far. :)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I love A-D's! And I'm not convinced wrinkles don't hurt...they hurt to look at in the mirror! So I avoid all mirrors!