18 April 2009

Saturday Satire - Mums' know you know...

A young man called Paul invited his mother for dinner. During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how handsome Paul's flatmate, Simon, was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this only made her more curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Paul and his flatmate than met the eye.

Reading his mums thoughts, Paul volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Simon & I are just flatmates".

About a week later, Simon came to Paul saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the frying pan, you don't suppose she took it do you?"

"Well I doubt it, but I'll email her just to be sure" said Paul. So he sat down and wrote: "Dear Mother, I'm not saying that you 'did' take the frying pan from my house and I'm not saying you didn't but the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for Dinner. Love, Paul"

Several days later, Paul received an email from his mother which read: "Dear Son, I'm not saying you 'do' sleep with Simon, and I'm not saying that don't, but the fact remains that if he were sleeping in his own bed he would have found the frying pan by now!. Love Mum"

1 comment:

brad4d said...

I am trying to be that "kind" of a parent, too. The suggestion can help us admit what needs to be "out" before deception causes costly defense.