11 September 2009

Farewell to a friend

Today is the funeral of a good friend, as a result of a tragic accident whilst a pillion on her husband's bike.

Carol will be sorely missed by us all in the BMW biking fraternity and who was a great support to me when I took over as the Section Secretary was always prepared to help out with teas/coffees and ensuring everyone had enough to eat on the lunches.. My thoughts are with Dave, who also sustained injuries but must be shaken up by the accident and the outcomes..

It was yet another reminder to me that life is short enough, you don't know how much you can accomplish in this life before death sweeps her scythe under your feet, so treasure each day as though it were your last, and tell someone you love them before the words get lost in the winds..

Carol.. many thanks.. wish I could be at the funeral but unfortunately it isn't possible.

No comments: