I got this from Kathy over at The Second Half of my Life - thanks hon xx
Since there are now only 10 days until Christmas is here, I have answered 25 questions to let you know more than you could possibly want to know about me. If you're reading this post, then you can either :
(a) leave a comment and answer the 25 questions below,
(b) write the answers to the questions below in your own blog post (if you have a blog, that is) or
(c) call yourself a scrooge in the comments below and refuse to answer them.
I hope you choose (a) or (b) but if you choose (c) then I'll just let the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future deal with you. If you do decide to write your own blog post about it, please mention Mandy since she is the author of these important questions. (Writers credit and all that jazz - thanks!)
1) What is your favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge. That man is gorgeous lol
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie? anything cartoony, except disney cartoons
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song? White Christmas by Bing Crosby et al
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy? I wish it could be Christmas every day
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate) Strong coffee with a slug of Jameson's in it.. lovely on a cold winters morning or after midnight carol service
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory? Watching my Mum and Dad open their presents and just being with them, just wished I had known how much I would miss that.
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas? All of them, all given with love
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas? None of them, they were all give with love and affection and have come in useful, though I will admit to a preference to being given things which are more personal that just functional/
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays? The time to recharge the batteries and being able to go out for long walks without having to watch the time.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays? The greediness of the shops, starting way too early and TV adverts pushing the holiday too much too soon.
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else? Star
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas? Home made mince-pies with home-made mincemeat.. and I am not a huge fan but I love these
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime? Bit of both
(14) Christmas light displays? Love them, but hate them... prefer less ostentacious displays and not very carbon friendly
(15) Santas at the mall? No, dont like them
(16) Christmas cards? Yes I send them, but no longer handmade ones as I am not very artistic
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion? Time with friends and family
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas? The pressures and stresses
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down? Up on Christmas Eve and down on 12th night
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you? Two Colly Birds, only because I have no idea of what they are
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer? No carrots to give to Rudolf and the gang
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer? Donner and Blitzen, who could separate them
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus? No
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime? Mince Pies baking
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year? Good food, good company and a toast to happier times