21 September 2008

Safely Home

We got home late Friday night and after a chinese takeaway we went to bed as we were both shattered. We spent the last four days travelling 200+ miles a day and while it was great fun to do it does leave you feeling absolutely exhausted when you don't have to do it again the following day.

Yesterday was a blur of unpacking, washing and generally getting over the holiday... I now know the value of needing a holiday to get over the holiday we just had.

Total number of miles on the trip was 1943 miles, 901 miles on the way down alone and we saw some stunning sights and had wonderful weather; some of which followed us back to the UK. I will do a proper write up when I get an opportunity and post some pictures though as we were on bikes our photo moments were few and far between.

2 comments:

MeHereNow said...

YAY! You're home safe! I hope you had a fantastic time and look forward to reading all about it!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I bet you ARE tuckered out! That was a huge trip!
I've just been sitting here sipping my Rhubarb/Blackberry Tea the past few days and wondering what it'd be like to go on such a trip as yours...
Can't wait to hear all about it and see some awesome pictures!
Glad to have you back, you've been missed!
Barb