17 March 2012

St Patrick's Day

A special day for me, not because it is St Patrick's Day, nor because Wales could potentially win the Grand Slam but no today would have been my Dad's 81st birthday. It was always a tradition in our house that Zeltus (born 28th Feb) and Sage (born 30th Mar) would have a joint birthday party somewhere in the middle that always seemed to fall on Dad's birthday - now my Mum was damned clever, it took us years to work that one out lol.


Dad sadly died in 2002, so he won't be here to celebrate with me, instead this evening I will get the Jameson's reserve out and toast his memory. I brought him the bottle when we visited the distillery in 2000, and only after he died when I was sorting stuff out did I find it unopened and cried because he had never drunk it. Since then, christmas, birthdays, fathers day... all these occasions are when I get the bottle out.


This picture was taken in Ireland on our holiday, out on the dingle peninsula and a very windy day but we loved it and had planned to go back and visit more of it. Something I hope to do in the future and perhaps go back to the distillery for another bottle of the reserve.


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

1 comment:

Jennytc said...

Enjoy the drink and the memory of your Dad. Sage.