23 February 2010

Too Hot... Too Cold

Yet again the bug has struck.... from being freezing cold and shivering, I have gone to being like a furnace and not even sunshine in sight...

Don't know whether it is the length of Winter this year, and boy doesn't it seem to have gone on for such a long time, or whether it is just the contact with new people and places that brings these bugs out to attack.

Luckily, or unluckily, it is mainly now my nose that is bunged up and stuffy but the cough is a cracker but not something I am worrying about as otherwise I feel fine.

Had to have an early night on Saturday, due to feeling ever so slightly unwell, and piled all the blankets I could find on top of me as well as the quilt and a second one as well. I cooked the virus out and although it left me feeling a bit on the wobbly side, and a bit lack lustre about food. I even missed a chinese meal on the saturday night but I wouldn't have been able to do it justice. Instead I suddenly developed a craving for a strawberry milkshake on Sunday afternoon which once in my mind nothing was going to make it go away except a trip to the golden arches.

Why is it that the very worst things for you taste the best especially when you are recovering from illness? I have no idea but it went down very well at the time.

I am looking for more permanent work, but enjoying the drive to Truro it lets me wind down from work before I get home. Though I would like to have something a little closer to home if I could only because I am about to shell out on a second hand mountain bike and it would be nice on a sunny warm day to consider cycling in, but even I am not mad enough to do 10 miles.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Nothing like a trip to Mac D for a milkshake (or my personal fave "heart attack in a bun") when youre feeling poorly. Must be a comfort thing.

PrincessDipti said...

hey dear.. wud u mind if i'll say that plz leave some comments on any of my blog posts? not in the chatterbox.. but in the posts itself.. if u dont mind.. i need it for my grade. :) thanks a lot.. i'll be looking forward for your comment :) pls help. ur one single click is very impt. plz plz.

and plus you're most welcome to be my follower. hehe. ur choice. :)