08 February 2010

In the pouring rain

A nice young man, known officially now as the hero of the hour, pulled off the old exhaust now completed severed from the manifold end and welded it back together using a bit of spare pipe and meanwhile the rain pelted down on him as he was lying on his back outside under the car.

It took him about an hour in total and then my little car sounded once more like a car and not an undersized tractor. He did try to kid me by saying I had to drive at 20 miles per hour for 5 miles which later got increased to 10 miles but I kept quiet. It has to have some more work done on it in the near future as the Cam belt drive and pulleys need to be replaced due to age, hopefully this will be enough to keep it going for a little longer.

I am looking to get a new car, well new second hand. I haven't made up my mind what I want, but some of it is going to come down to needs and environment as well as costs. I quite like the idea of a Kia next but have no experience of them, though SOH's Dad has had a couple and seems quite happy with them.

1 comment:

Grumpy Old Ken said...

My wifes micra is twelve years old, just flown through an mot. not a bad advert.