10 October 2008

Thank Crunchie**, it's Friday

It's Friday, it's been a long week.. the new students are just as bad as the old one's .. give them a simple instruction and they manage to do it incorrectly. We only have another 11 1/2 months before we trade this bunch of students for the next group.. the joys of postgraduate students ... we no sooner get them trained to do things properly and they then graduate... lol

It can only get better I suppose but the weather is good, set fair for us for the weekend, and we can get some jobs done in the garden, and spend some quality time together before the BMW Club Section AGM on Sunday when we will go up towards Rutland water; may or may not be on the bikes.

** For those not aware this refers to the Crunchie chocolate bar, cinder toffee covered in thick milk chocolate... lovely..

For your enjoyment.... a joke


Minimum Wage

A man owned a small farm in Aberdeenshire. The Department of wages claimed he was not paying proper wages to his staff and sent an representative out to interview him.

'I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,' demanded the rep.

'Well,' replied the farmer, 'there's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him £200 a week plus free room and board. The cook/housekeeper has been here for 18 months, and I pay her £150 per week plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about £10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of whisky every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.'

'That's the guy I want to talk to...the half-wit,' says the agent.

'That would be me,' replied the farmer.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

True, oh so true.

Dark Side said...

How very true..xx

Dark Side said...

Ooo and I lov crunchies....ta..x