03 October 2008

The Daily (Meditation) Thought!

There are times when you have to obey a call which is the highest of all, i.e. the voice of conscience even though such obedience may cost many a bitter tear, and even more, separation from friends, from family, from the state to which you may belong, from all that you have held as dear as life itself. For this obedience is the law of our being. - MK Gandhi

I got this from here and because Naturewitch had a link to it on a recent post, I followed it to find the above.

I agree with Ghandi's words, sometimes we do have to do things that are right for us, even though other people may believe it completely wrong and challenge us to make a choice.

My path is joining that of SOH, and we are looking forward to the days ahead of us and the changes we are making. So many unknowns, so many challenges but together we will face them.

Some of our friends have been really supportive, Zeltus was full of congratulations (or was it surprise bro?) while others haven't accepted the changes at all and reluctantly have withdrawn from the closeness that we had previously shared, but I cannot change my decisions to please everyone nor would I expect them to change their minds either.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I love Ghandi.
I'd like to say I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't be anything but thrilled for you and SOH. Except that I can. The Mountain Man and I got mixed reactions (his family was very thrilled - mine? not so much). But once we were married and my grandparents got used to having him around (and I finally had babies after they had all long since given up on me), they came around.
So be happy and thrilled and all that good stuff. They'll come around, and if they don't, it's their loss.