27 April 2010

Just about Recovered

The mammoth task of last week took its toll on me, and my first day back at work saw me looking tired and exhausted. Luckily for me, having an office job means I don't have to physically lift heavy things (unless you count a cup of coffee lol) and gave me a chance to get over the manual work of the house move.

Having had some time to think about it, the way the storage container is packed is bad, so bad in fact that I am thinking about sorting it out but it might be beyond me alone. Still the upside is that even the stuff at the back is not needed as we have everything but the curtains in the caravan to last us for a few days or even weeks.

I don't have a date for the new house yet, only that it can only be a matter of weeks away until we get the keys and can finally complete the move. We still have to wait for the completion of the sale of the house at the Back of Beyond, but that is due next week and then we will both heave a sigh of relief. I no longer think of that house as the millstone I saw it as, now I see it more as a stepping stone to what I really wanted.

The first meal I plan to cook, is Roast Beef, with yorkshire puddings, fresh vegetables and potatoes, so even if it is baking hot outside that is what we are going to do to celebrate our own space once more.

4 comments:

Kathy G said...

Glad to hear that you're recovering. Moving is never fun, especially when you're doing the physical work yourself.

I hope you post pictures of the new abode after you're moved in...

Jo Anne said...

I hope that it picks up pace for you now, and that you are into your new home soon. Once youa re settled, lets arrange a get together x

Kath said...

and a bottle of something nice no doubt ;-)

Alison said...

Phew! You're nearly there!