10 June 2009

Memorable Quotes

I would love to be remembered for saying something so interesting that many years later someone will quote my wisdom.. don't hold your breath waiting, I haven't come up with anything yet and doubt I will but I give you my two favourite quotes on life and age.

Abraham Lincoln:
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Mae West from I'm No Angel
"It's not the men in your life that matters, it's the life in your men"

Both of these two quotes have got one thing in common (probably more, but definitely one).. you only have one life, don't waste an opportunity, it might not come knocking again at your door or if it does, you might not hear it..

You can live your life, like a good 'un, drinking/eating the right foods and die at 55, or smoke like a chimney, drink like a fish and still be kicking up your heels at 105 - who knows..

All I know is that life is meant to be lived, enjoy each day, even the downs because the rollercoaster of life will at some point in time take you up to the heights again and you will see the furthest horizons of your location again.

Live well and prosper


3 comments:

Hogdayafternoon said...

Excellent, Sage. Have these two for your collection, I think they will fit well with you and how you write your thoughts:

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary."
- William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

"Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?"
- Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

Joanne said...

Here, Here Sage - I'll second your thoughts on this x

Nicey said...

Well I am pretty pleased to get to my age !!!
Laters

Nicey