16 November 2011

City of Lights

Truro, which is a city by the way, yes we have then in Cornwall is having the City of Lights

What is it? Well the City of Lights is a procession of giant handmade withy and tissue lanterns floating through the streets carried by professional artists accompanied by a host of smaller lanterns carried by Cornish school children and local community and youth groups. This year's theme is Wildlife and having seen some of the previous years' entries I think it will be very good.

The parade starts at 7pm and the Christmas lights switch on will take place when the parade pauses for a grand countdown in Boscawen Street. The parade will finish between 8.00pm and 8.30pm.

So if you are not doing anything this evening and want to see something spectacular, come to Truro.





1 comment:

Kath said...

Fabulous! I'd love to see more photos.

ps my word is tatti, which is exactly how I am feeling in my old painting clothes LOL