10 November 2009

I want to be ....

I can't help it, the long dark days, the cold frosty nights make me want to upsticks and move somewhere warmer...

I want to run on golden sands, with warm blue seas and the caress of warm sunshine on my back as I turn the page of my book I am reading. To sip a cold drink, and taste the sunshine sweetening the fruit on my tongue, to watch the sun slowly set over the sea before strolling home to my house on the shore.

Sadly, even if I could be at the picture today, it is more likely to be cold, wet and fairly miserable, and as for the house by the shore, I'm afraid that is just a figment of my imagination at the moment; and will be for a little while longer as I was not one of the two euromillions winners (wishing you nothing but happiness, joy and true friendship).

What do you want to do today?

4 comments:

Bernard said...

If they keep threatening to put up the price of gas and electric...we may ALL have to move somewhere warmer!
I actually don't mind the winters.
They are inevitable, so I take them as they come and get involved in indoor activities. Yesterday I was punching up some new music..Christmas Carols actually.

Hogdayafternoon said...

Walking along the beach at Naples, Florida, shuffling in the shallows amongst the stingrays, past the pier where the pelicans sit before flying off and fishing. Then strolling along into Old Naples for a cocktail or three in Tommy Bahamas. Dinner at `The Dock` restaurant before relaxing back in The Cove Inn. But I've got to get my Hein Gericke's on and ride to work in the pissing rain again.....

Rach said...

Please can I sneak in your suitcase...xx

Kath said...

You're not the only one, who flirts with the idea of relocating to Sapin...Portugal...Cyprus...but how I would miss the English sense of humour, their eccentricity, quirks and foibles!