As we draw near to the New Year, all of about 48 hours away now, my thoughts turn to what 2010 has meant to me..
1. Started a new job last January working as an Admin Assistant and it renewed my enthusiasm for work.
2. Lived in a touring caravan for 5 months, which made me more appreciative of the space I have now.
3. Sold the house, and became mortgage free; something I never thought I would achieve until I retired.
4. Brought a house in Cornwall, with views from the front over to the coast at Portreath and at the back towards Carn Brae and I still love looking at both views.
5. Adopted Murphy a week before his first birthday, and he has settled in well here at Tre Agan and I think likes us too.
6. Started a job as a Key Skills Tutor in July, and love driving all over the west of Cornwall meeting my clients.
7. Enjoyed a lovely break in the South of France, and went topless on the beach.
8. Starting training for my Post Graduate Certificate in Education in September which will qualify me to teach in Further Education when I have completed both years.
9. Celebrated my first year, living in Cornwall. Don't ever want to move again!
10. Celebrated my first Christmas in the house... and even put decorations outside.. something I never did at the Back of Beyond.
I am sure there have been plenty more ups (and downs) but these were the highlights of the past year and I hope for 2011 that we have plenty more.
I don't know about all of you, hopefully 2011 is a good year for you and may your New Year be peaceful and happy.